Fire Extinguisher Signs
Do you need Fire Equipment Signage in your building?
You need a fire equipment sign in your commercial premises in the UK. The Fire Safety Order 2005 requires that all fire extinguishers and other fire equipment be clearly and prominently marked with signage that is easy to read and understand.
The signage should include the following information:
- The type of fire extinguisher or other fire equipment.
- The class of fire that the fire extinguisher or other fire equipment is suitable for.
- Instructions on how to use the fire extinguisher or other fire equipment.
The fire extinguisher signage should be placed in a conspicuous location near the fire extinguisher or other fire equipment, where it is likely to be seen by people in the event of a fire. The signage should also be well-lit, especially at night.
You can purchase fire equipment signage from a variety of suppliers. When choosing signage, make sure to select a sign that is made from durable materials and that is weatherproof.
In addition to fire equipment signage, you may also want to consider installing other fire safety signage in your building. For example, you may want to install signs that direct people to the nearest fire exit, or signs that warn people of specific fire hazards.
By installing fire equipment signage and other fire safety signage in your building, you can help to ensure that people are aware of the fire safety procedures in place and that they know how to stay safe in the event of a fire.
Here are some additional tips for using fire equipment signage effectively:
- Use multiple signs if necessary to ensure that people are aware of all of the fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in your building.
- Use signs in multiple languages if necessary.
- Tailor the message of the sign to the specific audience. For example, use different signs for employees, visitors, and children.
- Use symbols and images to help communicate the message of the sign.
- Make sure that the signs are consistent with each other. For example, use the same colors and symbols for all fire equipment signs.
By following these tips, you can create fire equipment signs that are effective and easy to understand.
All our Fire Safety Signs comply with British Standard BS5499.