Fire Action Signs
Do I need to display a Fire Action Notice?
Whether or not you need a fire action sign will depend on the specific requirements of your country or region. However, in general, a fire action notice is a good idea for any workplace where there is a risk of fire.
A fire action notice is a document that outlines the steps that employees should take in the event of a fire. It should include information on how to evacuate the building safely, how to use fire extinguishers, and how to call the fire department.
The fire action notice should be displayed in a prominent location where it is easy to see. It should also be translated into all of the languages that are spoken in the workplace.
Here are some of the things that should be included in a fire action notice:
- The location of fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
- The procedure for evacuating the building.
- The procedure for using fire extinguishers.
- The phone number for the fire department.
- Any other relevant information, such as the location of fire assembly points or the location of first aid kits.
By having a fire action notice in place, you can help to ensure that your employees are prepared to respond to a fire in a safe and efficient manner.
Here are some additional tips for creating a fire action notice:
- Use clear and concise language that is easy to understand.
- Use simple diagrams or illustrations to help explain the procedures.
- Make sure that the notice is updated regularly to reflect any changes to the fire safety procedures.
- Train all employees on the fire action notice and make sure that they know where to find it.
By following these tips, you can help to create a fire action notice that is effective and helps to keep your employees safe in the event of a fire.